Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th - A Good Day

Well, good news today from the scan - we have a heartbeat! All in all that should make for a great day! Had a nice lunch with TM afterwards and for a little while got to enjoy in the moment.

Work continues to be challenging - lots of people are very angry right now due to new processes and I am stuck in the middle - the proverbial punching bag. I am going to try and hang in there, but am feeling pretty raw right now. Want to give up and that is not like me. Wondering if managing people and multiple department priorities is my bag. Twice today I told myself to hang in there for a little over 8 months and then go on leave........not good.

I am vowing now that I will not let work dictate my leave this time - I will not work during my leave and as of right now I am also vowing not to let work get to me. I will take it all with a grain of salt because I need to focus in on what is important - FAMILY and not let any other distractors get in the way. Now - I hope that I remember this in 5 minutes - HA. Too bad that I have to work this weekend.....

8 comments:

Sue said...

Congratulations on your good news, and best of luck to you in separating work from your regular life. Hang in there!

Meghan said...

Congrats on seeing that little heartbeat. And good luck with the whole work life balance. Please pass along any tips you find that work

ColourYourWorld said...

Congratulations on the heartbeat, that is wonderful! All the best with the work situation.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awesome!!! So glad that you saw what you saw!! Now the fun can begin!! :o) Good luck on the work front, I am sure it will work out sweetie!!

Hugs,
Rebel

bali cheap trip said...

good blog

sewa mobil di bali said...

good blog

bali wisata murah said...

nice info

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing fine dear! Your blog is so inspiring. I had so many thoughts on my mind before de ivf. It’s much more easier for men to accept this. It will be their child, so why should they worry about such things? To be honest, at first I was completely against de ivf. I thought it’s unnatural and I won’t be able to love a baby of another woman. How stupid I was! This procedure was my only chance to become a mother so I persuaded myself to do it. Now I have no regrets. I look at Sammy and I consider him as my son and no one else's. We had an opportunity to give our doctor list of features we want to see in our donor. We mentioned hair color, nose and face shape, eyes, lips, etc. I should say everyone tells me my son looks like me! We told everyone, even our family, that we had simple ivf. No one can ever tell we used egg donor. Of course I’m grateful to our doctor and that girl, who donated her eggs. I will never forget what they’ve done for us! But I really have no feelings like my son is not genetically related to me or I feel differently toward him. Absolutely no! I love him with my whole heart! As soon as I knew I’m pregnant all my doubts faded away. I carried him, I felt him inside my stomach, I had toxicosis, I sang for him and read fairytales for him, I gave birth to him! He’s my son and only my! We decided we’ll not tell Sammy about egg donor. I think he doesn’t need to know that. I’m his mom and I’ll do everything for him so there will be no need for him to look for donor. Speaking about clinic, we had de ivf in Ukrainian BioTexCom. We had 2 attempts in general. I’ve got pregnant from the first one. The clinic also offers «packages» with 1 or 5 attempts. So we’ve just chosen «package», which suited us the most. I have no regrets! I'm the happiest mom in the whole world!