Friday, March 23, 2007

About Me

After reading blogs now for about a year or so, I decided to start my own. This is my initial post...

I always thought that I would follow "the plan" - high school, college, marriage, children - but life decided to intervene. I never thought when I got married.......almost a decade ago......that the plan may need adjustment. I have been very lucky in life - nice family, great friends, good education, married my best friend, comfortable lifestyle, good job. Now for the unlucky part - my husband was diagnosed with cancer early on in our marriage. Thanks to his wonderful doctors and nurses he beat his cancer and has been given a clean bill of health. Unfortunately the cancer resulted in male factor infertility. I thought that this would not pose a problem for us due to IVF and ICSI (wonderful Dr's insisted on Cyrobanking before Radiation and Chemo - thus eliminating need for DS). Our RE was convinced that IVF was a "slam dunk" for us due to my young age and great test results. Well, here we are, 7 IVF cycles later (3 fresh and 4 FET) and no positive results. Looks like our problem is female factor with male factor on the side. Time to change our expectations...............

1 comment:

One View said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been through. Big hugs. I know what you mean about having to change our expectations. I had my life planned out as well and infertility definitely threw me a huge curve ball. Our RE had high hopes for us as well because of my age and great test results and DH's swimmers were fine. So it was very hard for me to accept when I reached the end. Looking forward to following your blog.