Wednesday, January 19, 2011

At it again.....

Since it has been such a long time, not sure if I still have any readers, but here goes it.....

We are at it again. Since my last post, I went on to deliver a healthy baby boy. I worked through the gestational diabetes and was able to control it very well throughout the remainder of the pregnancy. The second baby weighed less than the first (no diabetes the first time around) and I am now 10 lbs lighter than my pre-pregancy weight with the second baby. 20 lbs lighter than the 1st baby.

From the last fresh cycle, two embryos were frozen - since I am not getting any younger, we decided to go ahead and do the frozen cycle right away. Surprise - got an initial beta today of 83. Significantly less than either of my other initial betas......but apparently ok.

Guess we need to get ready for the roller coaster ride that is the next few weeks and hopefully months and years.

More updates to follow:

3 comments:

Sue said...

You've been busy! Best of luck with this pregnancy.

internet Australia said...

For the
1300 number Give me your business to give your vanity number

Anonymous said...

Initially when I looked at clinics for embryo donation biotexcom responded very quickly to my queries and had the shortest waiting time. My coordinator called me and gave me all the details of what treatment involved, and answered all the questions I had. She also has very good English so there was no communication barrier at all. This process was a lot easier than I anticipated. All contact made through email and at all times my emails were responded to quickly and thoroughly. And the cost was not too much either. I was sent a treatment plan which was very clear and easy to follow. I was given my transfer date well in advance so I had plenty of time to plan my flights and accommodation. When I attended biotexcom on the day of transfer I was impressed at what a spotlessly clean clinic this is. All the staff was extremely friendly. I met my coordinator who was so friendly and kind and put me at ease before treatment. I spoke to the embryologist and the doctor before treatment. Procedure was very quick and efficient by the doctor performing procedure. After years of infertility treatment I am so glad I made the decision to go with embryo adoption. It is not easy to decide to go to another country and have treatment. I can’t believe how smoothly and stress free this process was. After years of tears and heartache they have helped to make myself and my husband’s dream of having a family come true. I am so grateful!